炒股融资APPGenerally speaking, a British is widely regarded as a quiet, shy and conservative person who is ___1___ only among those with whom he is acquainted. When
a stranger is at present, he often seems nervous, ___2___ embarrassed. You have to take a commuter train any morning or evening to ___3___ the truth of this.
Serious-looking businessmen and women sit reading their newspapers or dozing in a corner; hardly anybody talks, since to do so would be considered quite
炒股融资APP ___4___, there is an unwritten but clearly understood code of behavior which, ___5___ broken, makes the offender immediately the object of ___6___.
It has been known as a fact that the a British has a ___7___ for the discussion of their weather and that, if given a chance, he will talk about it
炒股融资APP___8___. Some people argue that it is because the British weather seldom ___9___ forecast and hence becomes a source of interest and ___10___ to everyone.
This may be so. ___11___ a British cannot have much ___12___ in the weathermen, who, after promising fine, sunny weather for the following day, are often
proved wrong ___13___ a cloud over the Atlantic brings rainy weather to all districts! The man in the street seems to be as accurate---or as inaccurate---as
the weathermen in his ___14___.
炒股融资APP Foreigners may be surprised at the number of references ___15___ weather that the British make to each other in the course of a single day. Very often
炒股融资APPconversational greetings are ___16___ by comments on the weather. "Nice day, isn't it?" "Beautiful!" may well be heard instead of "Good morning, how are
you?" ___17___ the foreigner may consider this exaggerated and comic, it is worthwhile pointing out that it could be used to his advantage. ___18___ he wants
炒股融资APPto start a conversation with a British but is ___19___ to knowswheresto begin, he could do well to mention the state of the weather. It is a safe subject
which will ___20___ an answer from even the most reserved of the British.
1. A. relaxed B. frustrated C. amused D. exhausted
2. A. yet B. otherwise C. even D. so
炒股融资APP 3. A. experience B. witness C. watch D. undergo
4. A. Deliberately B. Consequently C. Frequently D. Apparently
炒股融资APP 5. A. unless B. once C. while D. as
6. A. suspicion B. opposition C. criticism D. praise
7. A. emotion B. fancy C. likeliness D. judgement
8. A. at length B. to a great extent C. from his heart D. by all means
炒股融资APP 9. A. follows B. predicts C. defies D. supports
炒股融资APP 10. A. dedication B. compassion C. contemplation D. speculation
11. A. Still B. Also C. Certainly D. Fundamentally
12. A. faith B. reliance C. honor D. credit
13. A. if B. once C. when D. whereas
14. A. propositions B. predictions C. approval D. defiance
炒股融资APP 15. A. about B. on C. in D. to
炒股融资APP 16. A. started B. conducted C. replaced D. proposed
17. A. Since B. Although C. However D. Only if
炒股融资APP 18. A. Even if B. Because C. If D. For
19. A. at a loss B. at last C. insgroupsD. on the occasion
20. A. stimulate B. constitute C. furnish D. provoke
1. A 2.C 3.B 4.D 5.B 6.C 7.B 8.A 9.A 10.D
11. C 12.A 13.C 14.B 15.D 16.C 17.B 18.C 19.A 20.D